Duties and Responsibilities
- Administering and enforcing the Towns Land Use, Shoreland Zoning Provisions, Safety, and Flood Plain Management ordinances.
- Administering and enforcing Federal, State, and Local regulations governing building construction projects.
- Ensuring compliance with these rules and regulations by reviewing plans prior to construction and conducting ongoing inspections.
- Issuing all permits associated with construction projects, building, plumbing, and septic.
- Providing research, technical and staff support to the Board of Appeals and Planning Board.
The following Construction Codes are presently in effect:
- NFPA-211chimneys, fireplaces, solid fuel burning appliances
- NFPA-101 Life Safety Code
- N.E.C. Current Edition
Albany Township Information
- The Town of Bethel does NOT cover CEO responsibilities for Albany Township.
- Albany Township falls under the LUPC jurisdiction. Please follow the link below for more information.
LUPC Application Forms (maine.gov)
- Septic disposal permits (HHE200 form) must be obtained through a licensed Site Evaluator and approved by the Local Plumbing Inspector. You can locate a site evaluator by visiting
- Find a Site Evaluator – MASE (mainese.com)
- The LPI serving Albany Township is Bob Folsom, who can be reached at 207-357-1023 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org HHE-200 forms are required for all LUPC building permits involving new dwellings and may be submitted with the application prior to obtaining the LPI signature.